Millions of Americans receive physical therapy each year, and this valuable part of patient treatment can help improve you or a loved one’s quality of life.
According to the American Physical Therapy Association, the benefits of physical therapy include:
– Improving mobility and motion.
– Reducing the risk of injury.
– Improving balance and preventing falls.
– Aiding recovery from stroke.
Physical therapists can also help reduce the risk of additional surgeries, and eliminate pain without medication. There are more than 40 different health conditions that can be improved through physical therapy, and the need for physical therapists continues to grow. Physical therapists are one of the most in-demand professions in health care, and the need for physical therapists is expected to surge 26 percent in the next six years.
Physical therapists are available to discuss any home care needs, and can also do an in-home needs assessment. You can see some of the exercises they can perform with you here.
Before visiting with a physical therapist, a patient should:
– Make a list of questions.
– Write down any symptoms.
– Make a list of all medications you are currently taking.
– Write down key information about your medical history.
– Consider taking a family member or trusted friend.
Physical therapy can make a big difference. In fact, 88 percent of physical therapy recipients say the care they received was beneficial to helping them return to normal activity.
Liberty HomeCare & Hospice Services can help you or a loved one get started. Please contact us for more information.