Liberty HomeCare Services offers specialized cardiac care for its patients. The “From the Heart” program offers several benefits to patients. Through this program, a special care team, including a cardiac nurse and therapist, will assist patients and families in developing a self-management program.
The nurse and therapist will:
- Explain your medications and dietary needs.
- Discuss the importance of weight monitoring.
- Teach the patient to recognize early warning signs/symptoms.
- Counsel and educate the patient on his or her specific heart condition/disease and develop ways to manage specific conditions.
- Develop an exercise routine that works best for the patient.
Studies show that heart surgery patients who receive home health care feel better and return to normal daily activities more rapidly than those who do not.